Monday, October 05, 2009

A Few Things I'm Liking



Is anyone else out there watching Glee on Fox? I don't know how popular this show is, but I'm finding it very enjoyable. From the comedic characters and storylines to the acapella show choir versions of songs. I admit that it is more than a little gay, but I'm loving it.






I recently watched the movie Hamlet 2. It's been available to rent for a while and I was glad that I finally got around to it. The story is about a failed actor / failing high school drama teacher who is trying to save the drama program at his school. His stage version of popular movies have flopped and he finally decides to try and create an original play. Thus he begins work on Hamlet 2. The script and songs for his play manage to attract attention and offend the majority of the community to the point where they try to shut down the play before it is ever performed, which is exactly the kind of thing that gets the ACLU involved. The lawyer from the ACLU played terrifically by Amy Poehler steps in to save the day and offers the following assurances:

Cricket Feldstein: Well, this play is gonna bitch-slap Broadway like a cheap hooker at a gangbang.

Dana Marschz: Uh... yeah.

Cricket Feldstein: Y'know, and those Bible-humping protesters can suck a bag of dicks, 'cause all I ended up doing was giving you free publicity.

Dana Marschz: Yeah, and did you see my dressing room? It has a bidet!

Elisabeth Shue: That was a sink.

Dana Marschz: It was?

And if you're asking yourself does that say Elizabeth Shue? It does. Dreams are realized as Elizabeth Shue once again graces the silver screen! Dagromm's grade for this movie: A-.




Sorry I could only find the sing along version of this song.

9 comments:

Churlita said...

My daughter is a dance captain on her show choir, so everyone keeps telling us to watch Glee. I suppose I'll have to one of these days.

Dagromm said...

Churlita - After watching Glee and the movie Spectacular I now think that is so much cooler. Sort of.

Cyber D said...

I heard about that movie and it sounded just fucked up enough to be totally bad ass.

Dagromm said...

Language language dear Cyber sir. The movie is funny and awkward and weird so is pretty great. Did I mention Elizabeth Shue?

Nate said...

The only TV or movies I watch are "Commando" and "Die Hard" on continuous loop. That's how manly I am.

Dagromm said...

Nate - Have you finally gotten to the point where you can watch them without covering your eyes and somebody holding your hand? That was really annoying in college.

Susan said...

I keep trying to reference quotes from Hamlet 2 and realize it's possible I'm the only person in WV that's ever seen it.

Dagromm said...

Susan - It's totally possible that you are, which makes you the awesomest person in the whole state.

plug said...

well, if you still read your sister's (and niece's) blogs you'd know that you're not the only one watching Glee. We're big Gleeks. Easel also recommended Hamlet 2 to me and saved it on the DVR so you two definitely have something in common.