Monday, January 22, 2007

I Took the Kids on the Way Back Machine

Every once in a while I get the urge to watch an old movie that I remember from my younger days and expose the kids to some retro culture. This weekend I rented Adventures in Babysitting. To make it even more retro I got it on VHS so that we could enjoy the poor picture quality that the original artists had intended. Anyway, the kids liked it a bunch and I was surprised how much the movie held up. I was afraid that the kids would be turned off early on because it would look dated, but they got caught up in it and couldn't be torn away. I guess some things just transcend time. Like Elizabeth Shue. She really rocked that 80's hair. Maybe more than any other person, and that's a feat. We miss you Elizabeth Shue!!! Come back from the future!!!!

2 comments:

Q said...

It could have been the HOT real life Thor. That kept me interested...

Nate said...

mmm...Elizabeth Shue in big hair

Thanks for bringing back that pivotal junior high memory. I'm going off for some alone time now.

Seriously. I am.