Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Hey Dags, What’s Been Going On?


Glad you asked Blog Community. Lots and not a lot at the same time. At work, my medical insurance for the family tripled in cost. You read that right. TRIPLED. Ugghh. My initial reaction was that we’d have to do without and learn to be healthy, but then I thought about how well the kids follow directions and decided against it. I was more than a little pissed and voiced my concerns to the boss and company owner. Hopefully I was able to maintain a little tact. I’m afraid I might have dropped some F-Bombs. I’m afraid I might have dropped a lot of them.

The wife started a contract gig this week. It’s a four week deal, but you never know and we’ve got our fingers crossed that it could turn into more. It’s closer to home and my work, which are good things and runs 8:30–5:30 Mon-Fri, which is also good because it allows her a little time in the morning when we are scrambling getting everyone ready to go. Lots of finger crossing is going on here.

Soccer season is starting which means that I will have next to no free time for the next two to three months. We had our first practice last night in 40 degree weather and a little bit of rain. We didn’t go too long, but it was a good start and I have high hopes. The girls Academy team has been practicing for about a month already. There’s been lots of drama and our previous team manager left and tried to recruit players to go with her. In total we lost a quarter of our team. I got tapped on the shoulder to become the new team manager and I accepted before I had thought much about it. It turns out to have been a good thing though as the club has slashed the dues for me for taking on the role. If it weren’t for this then my daughter probably wouldn’t be playing with them either. It’s been a lot of extra work as well though. Recruiting, looking for practice facilities, paperwork, looking up fund raising opportunities, etc. Oh well, I’m determined to do a good job so that all the girls have a good experience.

By the way, the picture above is the Scrooge McDuck money bin that I've been hoping to build one day. I'm not close at all yet.

9 comments:

Cyber D said...

Wow! Triple the price? That's like... triple the coverage right? Congratulations!

NoRegrets said...

Fingers crossed. Let me know if I need to use my toes too.

LIT said...

Not my call, but Cyber d, dream on, and Nor, toes couldn't hurt.

Mr. Dagromm, you go, guy! I like your spirit.

Dagromm said...

Cyber - Sorry to report that it's the exact same coverage.

Nore - Toes would be appreciated.

Lit - Thanks.

Cyber D said...

Same coverage? WHAT!?!?!?! Did you kick some corporate ass? I sure hope so. If I were you I would have walked in and dropped the people's elbow. It's a little move The Rock taught me.

Dagromm said...

Cyber - I kept the violence to a minimum as I wasn't sure if I was gonna have medical coverage anymore.

heather said...

same coverage but triple the cost! were companies switched? did the company you work for suddenly decide not to pitch in?

what does your wife do?

have a great soccer season! way to stay involved!

how's the car situation? did you get that all straighted out?

Dagromm said...

Heather - The owner decided he wasn't rich enough.

I don't know what my wife does. That's a hell of a good question. Gawdammit I'm gonna go get some freakin' answers right now!!!!

Thanks, I'm going to do my best. I'm looking forward to both seasons and can't wait the games to begin.

If by straightened out you mean I have a new monthly payment for a car then yes. If you mean I found an affordable solution, then no, not really. It's a nice ride though, and I think I got a good price on it. At least that's what the salesman told me as he ushered me out the door.

heather said...

if you have no idea what your wife does then she must be a super secret spy. does she have mad skills in athletics? is she an expert marksman? can she create a gourmet dinner out of a can of cream of mushroom soup and a pickle? if so, you may want to watch your back. sooner or later some bad guy is gonna kidnap you and mrs dags may or may not feel like rescuing you.

i think you need to offer to do the dishes more often. maybe even mop the floor once in a while...